Cement tiles are rated V2-3 for color variation, T1 for texture variation, more information is outlined in our tile variation reference guide.
- Prior to ordering, please take care to review our cement tile resource guide linked for you here.
- Your installation is only as good as your installer.
- Please have your installer be responsible for calculating how much tile to order as clé cannot be responsible for calculations
- Do not book your contractor until you have placed your order and received your tiles as shipping delays can occur.
- Please be sure to order 15 % overage etc. to cover any breakage, cuts etc. and to keep some tiles in reserve for any future repairs.
- Cement tiles are rated V2-3 for color variation, T1 for texture variation, more information is outlined in our tile variation reference guide.
If you are looking at patterned cement, consider using our tile visualizer that allows you to see the tile in its full pattern as opposed to the individual piece.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN MY CEMENT TILE ARRIVES?
Important: as always please have your contractor/designer examine tiles upon delivery (once installed we are unable to return tiles) Please note, installation deems acceptance.
It is very important to BLEND the tiles from all boxes once they arrive and place them in their installation area to ensure you have the layout you want before installing. Do not install without blending tiles from all boxes.
- When receiving your order, dust and shipping residue are to be expected and should be cleaned prior to installing. Irregular or chipped edges and cracked surfaces are also to be expected and is industry standard.
- Smudging caused by friction during shipping, and clouding of the tile surface where the pre-application of sealant has humidified are uncommon, but these issues can sometimes occur.
- Smudging tends to be more common/noticeable on contrasting black and white patterned tiles. Smudging will come off during installation- but if any smudges remain - a quick sand will remove.
- In general, overage should cover any smudging or clouding found within an order, however, if needed, tiles can easily be sanded down by hand with 400 grit sandpaper to fully remove any smudging or clouding prior to sealing.
- All of our cement tiles have a pigment layer that is roughly 1/8" thick, so sanding will ONLY effectively remove the top-most micro-layer of the tile surface to access the fresh pigment underneath.
- Cement tiles are traditionally not packaged with a sheet of paper or plastic sheeting. Besides adding excess packaging the use of these added layers between cement can lead to moisture causing mold or causing the pre-seal to cloud.
- Industry standard suggests adding at least 15% overage due to tile cuts, potential breakage, or future repairs. We advise the same.
For more information related to ordering and shipping, please be sure to visit our shipping and returns and delivery information resource pages.
For any further questions, please refer to our cement resource and installation guide.