by clé tile | published: Feb 22, 2022
we think of these as the jeans and t-shirt of tile. clé classics are the affordable staples of the tile world – think subway, penny rounds, slate, and even carrara marble. these are great tiles for first-time homebuyers or those on a budget.
as with fashion, it’s all about how you use them. classic, as we know, doesn’t have to be boring.
- the high and low mix. you can dress them up with some handcrafted artisanal offerings or just keep them pared down to their simple elemental form.
- get creative in how you use them: for example, you can use contrasting grout to play up a pattern and create some interest (check out our handy guide here).
- why not play with color? our classics curation includes regal blues, a rich green, and metallics (bronze and gunmetal).
- or you can install the tile using different patterns.
- or put our “classics” in unexpected places: the ceiling, to clad shelves, or use them outside of the kitchen, bathroom, or mudroom: think playrooms, bedrooms, even furniture.
tiles from the clé classic collection are also better for those who want a more consistent look and little variation. (our clé heritage and maison clé curations consist of handcrafted products, known for more extensive variation requiring careful and experienced installation.)
and if you’re more of a “set it and forget it” kind of person (no judgment), our classics can be a bit more forgiving when it comes to upkeep and maintenance.