fornace brioni glazed ceramic tivoli (bundle) 4 1/4"x15 1/2"x3/8"
product description + credits
* this product comes in 112 pieces per bundle
this glazed ceramic tile is suitable for walls only. the bundle consists of three shapes (pill in glossy cotto forest Ø3, listellos in matt glazed cotto beige Ø1, and cut out rectangle in matt glazed cotto rose ØØ) that come together to make up the pattern.
about this collection
what is fornace brioni?
Non-vitreous terracotta tiles, which are hand formed, and fired. These are primarily unglazed tiles, we offer one glazed option (Cotto tivoli bundle -glossy green, matte rose, matte crema-4.5” X 15.5”).
Color and Texture Variation
- Fornace Brioni tiles are rated V2 - V4 / T1 - T3
Due to the handmade craftsmanship of many of our tiles and the variety of materials used, there are degrees of variation in our tiles color, shade and texture. These differences are more pronounced in certain types of tiles than others, especially in tiles from separate production lots, or “batches”.
The following is a guide for the different degrees of variation that we have assigned our tiles:
- Trama mosaic - 2.5 cm x 2.5 cm per tile (1” X 1” per tile) / .01 kg per tile (.03 lb)
- Mantegna triangle -15.2 cm x 17.8 cm (6” X 7”) / .45 kg per tile (1 lb)
- Acanti - 20 cm x 20 cm (8” X 8”) / 1.18 kg per tile (2.6 lbs)
- Cotto variegato - 20 cm x 40.6 cm (8” X 16”) / 2.45 kg per tile (5.4 lbs)
- Cotto tivoli glazed (bundle) - 11.43 cm x 39.4 cm (4.5” X 15.5”) / .61 kg per tile (1.3 lbs)
- Cotto tivoli (bundle) - 20 cm x 72.4 cm (8” X 28.5”) / 3.56 kg per tile (7.85 lbs)
Dynamic Coefficient of Friction
“Wet Dynamic Coefficient of Friction” (DCOF) / Average 0.81
Abrasiveness (scratch resistance)
Terracotta tiles are not freeze/thaw resistant.
Water Absorption Test
Interior and exterior (in areas not subject to freeze/thaw) walls, and wet areas (backsplashes, shower walls).
Decorative wall application:
- Trama mosaic
- Mantegna triangle
- Cotto tivoli glazed (bundle)
Wall and floor application:
- Cotto variegato
- Cotto tivoli (bundle)
Wet Area Application
The Fornace Brioni collection can only be installed as backsplashes or in showers with application of a waterproofing, penetrating sealer like Miracle Sealants 511 Porous Plus.
- Single coat re-application of the penetrating sealant is required once a year in shower applications due to the continuous exposure to water.
Interior and exterior (in areas not subject to freeze/thaw) walls, fireplace surround, and wet areas (backsplashes, shower walls).