The following information is important in receiving your order and avoiding additional fees. Please read the information carefully and reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
delivery and lead times
clé tiles are sourced using three different targets- quality, pricing and nearest source. each is taken into consideration with the goal of delivering the best possible tiles for your project and your location. however, all of these factors converge in ways that can impact delivery dates. therefore, please be advised that any and all delivery dates are estimates only, we cannot guarantee specific deadlines. we recommend booking installation only after receipt of all the tiles and setting materials have been delivered to your site and reviewed completely.
prior to delivery
- once your order has shipped, you will receive a call from our shipping company to schedule a delivery appointment window. failure to schedule appointment within 72 hours can result in storage fees and/or return shipment and redelivery costs, for which you will be responsible.
- there must be someone at the delivery location to receive and sign for the tile.
- tile will be brought off the truck via lift gate and left curbside. it is your responsibility to bring the tile from the curb inside. delivery drivers will not break down pallets or deliver tile inside. Keep in mind, tile is heavy, weighing as much as 50lbs per box.
- there are occasionally times when, due to street width, trees, or other factors determined by our shipping company, they will be unable to deliver to an address, even after a delivery appointment has been scheduled. in those cases, you will be responsible for picking up your tile order from the nearest terminal delivery center.
on the day of your delivery or terminal pick-up
- inspect your shipment for any signs of damage, including damaged boxes and any other external damage. torn or distressed boxes and/or packaging may indicate internal damage to your tiles. this damage inspection should be made prior to accepting your shipment.
- your packing slip will be attached to your shipment. please review your packing slip closely as it contains the number of boxes in your shipment. be sure that you have received all boxes prior to accepting your shipment. the shipper will have a bill of lading (BOL) which should match our packing slip.
- should your shipment contain any damaged boxes or items and/or if your shipment is missing any boxes- please note this carefully on your BOL. you then must hand your noted BOL to your delivery person for processing a damage or missing claim. should you be in the freight terminal, you should give this note to the terminal manager so that they may allow you to call them back with the specifics of your delivery issues. you will not be able to file a claim without your BOL notations accepted by the delivery person or the terminal manager. at this time you may sign your packing/delivery slip and receive both the damaged and undamaged product. should there be any damaged or missing products you can call us to arrange for replacement
*please note - for field tile orders 2% to 3% of the tile damaged, chipped or scratched is acceptable. tiles are primarily handmade, hand picked and hand packed. slight surface issues are standard. it is reasonable to order at least 10% more than your project requirements to allow for these issues, as well as installation cuts, and breakage.
- it is required that you or your agent check your shipment and make sure all the product is there upon delivery of your shipment. any claims for missing or damaged products must be received by email to: email@example.com within 48 hours of your delivery day.
- the installation of your products should not begin until your full order has been completed and is safely at your project. if you are waiting for replacement product, you will need to be sure that all tiles are at your project site and in good condition prior to scheduling the installation.
- if your shipment was arranged by clé, we will handle every aspect of your shipping claim. if you arranged for your own shipping or pick-up please be sure to follow all the delivery acceptance instructions mentioned above. this will insure that you have taken all the necessary steps to ensure that your shipping/damage claims will be handled as expeditiously as possible- whether there are missing or damaged boxes. If you do not sign for shipping damage on the BOL at the time of delivery we will lose our ability to file a claim with the delivery company on your behalf. this means we will not be able to provide you with replacement material at no cost and you will need to file a claim with the shipping company on your own without merit of your supporting documents.
- please note any changes to the shipping arrangement have to be made through us. if you decided to take delivery without a lift-gate and your circumstances change then please contact us prior to the product being delivered to have a lift-gate added. the additional cost will need to be paid prior to receiving your order.
- should you decide at a later date that you would like to pick up your shipment from a terminal vs. your residential delivery. if you change the terms from residential delivery to a terminal pick up you need to contact us prior to picking up the freight. in this circumstance you will probably want the lower freight charge of a terminal delivery. We cannot negotiate a lower freight cost once you have collected the freight.
here, again, is a recap of the receiving recommendations for your clé order:
- sign your delivery slip (BOL). if missing or damaged boxes, make clear detailed notes about the issues and receive both the damaged and undamaged product. if you do not follow this important step, we will not be able to provide claim support nor replace your missing or damaged tiles at no cost to you.
- call clé to arrange for the replacement of the damaged product or any boxes that may be missing.
- please make note that the only tile sizes that will ship ups or fedex are art tiles and mosaics. any field tiles of 3x6 size and larger will always ship LTL (local truck line) . we recommend for LTL orders of 100sf or less- that your contractor can manage the unloading of up to 10 boxes of tiles by hand. for more than 100sf clé recommends shipping your order for a “residential delivery” which usually doubles your delivery fee, but allows for a lift-gate and pallet jack for a more safe delivery
- any clé shortage or damage must be noted upon receipt of the product and written in detailed notes on the BOL. all inspection of tiles must be done prior to installation. in all tile realms, installation constitutes acceptance of the materials. please do not install defective product.
- for field tile orders 2%-3% of the tile damaged, chipped or scratched is acceptable. tiles are primarily handmade, hand picked and hand packed. slight surface issues are standard. it is reasonable to order at least 10% more than your project requirements to allow for these issues, as well as installation cuts, and breakage.