by clé tile | published: Feb 22, 2022
clé slate 6×24 plank. design: parini design / photo: linea photography
as with fashion, it’s all about how you use them. classic, as we know, doesn’t have to be boring.
1. the high and low mix. you can dress them up with some handcrafted artisanal offerings or just keep them pared down to their simple elemental form.
2. get creative in how you use them: for example, you can use contrasting grout to play up a pattern and create some interest (check out our handy guide here).
3. why not play with color? our classics curation includes regal blues, a rich green, and metallics (bronze and gunmetal).
4. or you can install the tile using different patterns.
5. or put our “classics” in unexpected places: the ceiling, to clad shelves, or use them outside of the kitchen, bathroom, or mudroom: think playrooms, bedrooms, even furniture.
tiles from the clé classic collection are also better for those who want a more consistent look and little variation. (our clé heritage and maison clé curations consist of handcrafted products, known for more extensive variation requiring careful and experienced installation.)
clé carrara 4×12 plank. design / photo: indigo interiors
modern farmhouse brick in matte white. design: sarah sherman samuel / photo: stoffer photographer interiors
clé slate in 4x12 plank. design: heidi lachapelle / photo: erin little